- 22mm diameter steel tubing with 2mm wall thickness.
- KTM orange spec powder coat with sandblasted surface preparation.
- Fully frame mounted. Our KTM 790/890 Adventure crash bars rest on the frame and not the engine.
- Designed to handle continuous impact from drops and small crashes as opposed to the 790/890’s fuel tank.
- Center stand compatible. Our crash bars are 100% compatible with our center stand.
- Potential base for fog / aux lights. See photo gallery for example (lights and light bracket are not included in the sale).
- Traditional look. Our crash bars give the 790/890 Adventure the traditional 1090/1190/1290 Adventure look with the orange tubing gently wrapping around the fuel tank.
- Provides the strongest base for our skid plate. We offer the only solution on the market to support our KTM 790/890 Adventure R/S skid plate in its FULL length thanks to the crash bars’ design.
- 4mm thick aluminium.
- Black powder coat with sandblasted surface preparation.
- Fully frame mounted. Our KTM 790/890 Adventure skid plate rests on our crash bars and on the frame and not the engine.
- Two piece design for ease of installation.
- Large ventilation cutouts in front of the exhaust headers for improved engine cooling.
- Center stand compatible. Our skid plate is 100% compatible with our center stand and also compatible with KTM OEM center stand.
- We offer the only solution on the market to support our KTM 790/890 Adventure skid plate in its FULL length thanks to our crash bars’ design.
- Extended protection for the catalytic converter.
- Fully recessed mounting bolts on the bottom. In other words, there aren’t any bolts sticking out on the bottom of the skid plate to get caught or shear off.
Protection combo (crash bars and skid plate): Compatible with 2019-2020 and 2021-2022 R and S models.
*Not confirmed to be compatible with KTM OEM centre stand.
Ross Carothers (verified owner) –
Jeffrey Anderson (verified owner) –
The end result is that I like the product. Quality control is not the best. I had to drill new mounting holes on the rear of the skid plate.
Mark (store manager) –
Thanks for your feedback. It’s not so much that our 790 products lack quality control but more like that fact that the installation can be rather complex. In order to line up the skid plate mounting holes, the entire structure, including the crash bars must be installed loosely. Other customers who reached out to us for technical support received all the troubleshooting tips necessary to install the products without modifications.
Stan L. (verified owner) –
Super product! Simple to install following the video guide and greatly improves protection around the bottom of the fuel tank.
Marc Lawrence (verified owner) –
Worked great, had to enlarge top holes on plate right crash bar to fit hole.
scottebulger (verified owner) –
So, I’m the 3rd of 4 reviewers to advise I had to drill new mounting holes. I did contact support and was advised that “tolerance stacking” leaves some variability in the mounting hole locations and that perhaps a file or slight enlargement of a hole might be necessary. There are 3 issues I struggled with:
1. Installing the left side crash bar at the footpeg was VERY difficult. A combination of too narrow a gap between the circular mounting lug and the “arm” that descends in front of the footpeg bracket made it VERY tight. Simply increasing this gap would be a helpful revision.
2. With the rear screws in place I needed a bar clamp to squeeze the skid plate into mounting position at the front edge. In the end, I was unable to secure a combination of the rear screws and the front, I eventually had to do the following:
3. The two rear countersunk screws would simply not fit. I had to drill new holes and countersinks in order to complete the installation.
Overall I’m certain the product will be great and I have no regrets in purchasing them. I do think the company could be more receptive to customer feedback regarding fitment, rather than simply blaming the manufacture. I had a similar issue with my KLR when I tried to install and SW Motech skid plate, which many people said in their reviews was an issue. I returned it and bought a JNS Engineering skid plate and it installed flawlessly. I hope OutBack Motortek takes a look at this already fine product and makes the small changes to bring it up to the quality standards that one would expect! I look forward to buying the center stand when it is back in stock!
Lorant (store manager) –
We appreciate your honest feedback. We’re going to look into fine tuning the products to improve the fitment.
Darek W. (verified owner) –
The fit and finish on this protection combo is great. I had no issues aligning bolts, etc. Installed without a problem and it looks great on the bike. Feel a lot better when I’m offroad now with a real skid plate and crash bars around the fuel tanks.
victor smart (verified owner) –
rvogt (verified owner) –
Great product! Quality was fantastic . It fit my 2022 KTM 890 R as stated. Please keep in mind if you are fitting it on a center stand , there are at least two types of stands, the ones with stopper bar on the stand itself and the ones where the stopper is on a separate bracket. If yours is on a bracket / separate piece you will need to modify the bracket to fit. The back right mounting bolt will not be long enough with this type of bracket. Other than that this product is well worth the money. Follow the video instructions .